Design is a funny word
What is Black Mold?
Toxic black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarumcan, can overwhelm any homeowner and affect the indoor air quality. Black mold is a type of fungus that is dark black in color and often has a distinct musty smell. It produces toxins called mycotoxins. The mycotoxins of toxic black mold can cause people to suffer toxic symptoms.
Black Mold Symptoms
- Respiratory problems
- Skin inflammation
- Irritation of the mucous membranes
- Damage to internal organs
- Mental impairment
- Immune system suppression
Black mold is most likely to appear in warm, humid, and damp areas of the home.
Basements, kitchens, and bathrooms are often susceptible. By identifying black mold and understanding how to prevent its growth, you can keep your home safe.
How can I check for Black Mold?
Here are some ways to identify black mold inside your home. If you notice any of the signs listed below, contact us immediately for mold removal services.
1. Look for dark black clustered growths, especially in warm, moist rooms. Pay attention to your symptoms when you enter the room. Even if you don’t see mold, the spores or mycotoxins can still cause symptoms.
2. Look for causes of mold growth, such as a leak, lack of ventilation, or old food or papers.
3. Resolve any issues that are causing mold growth immediately.
Our mold inspections will identify your specific toxins.
How Can I Prevent Black Mold?
Overall, by keeping your indoor humidity low and your space clean you decrease the chances of Black Mold from forming. Keep an eye out for small growths and take action immediately.
*Clean and vacuum your home on a regular basis.
*Inspect your home’s rain gutters to make sure they are clean and not blocking water drainage.
*Make sure windows and doors are open for ventilation when you bathe. These activities can increase moisture in the air causing black mold.
*Use a dehumidifier. A humid home is especially vulnerable to Black Mold growth.
*Don’t leave old books, newspapers, or wood sitting unused for long periods.
*Don’t put carpet in rooms like bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
*Don’t neglect leaks from pipes or groundwater. Make sure to fix them as soon as possible.