Allergen and Asthma Trigger Screening
Allergen and Asthma Trigger Screening - $449.00
- Complete visual inspection of the interior of the residential structure
- Dust sampling using dust collection device and 30-micron screen
- Analytical services of collected samples utilizing an accredited laboratory performing an immunoassay for allergen group containing:
- Cat allergens
- Dog allergens
- Cockroach allergens
- Dust mite allergens Der p1 and Der f1
- Rat allergens
- Mouse allergens
- Mold allergens (a minimum of three air samples are necessary)
- Total pollen count
- Total insect parts
- Total dust count
What Are Allergens and Asthma Triggers?
By controlling the relative humidity level in a home, the growth of some sources of biological contaminants can be minimized. A relative humidity of 30-50 percent is generally recommended for homes. Standing water, water-damaged materials, or wet surfaces also serve as a breeding ground for molds, mildews, bacteria, and insects. House dust mites, the source of one of the most powerful biological allergens, grow in damp, warm environments.
Some biological contaminants trigger allergic reactions, including hypersensitivity pneumonitis, allergic rhinitis, and some types of asthma. Allergic reactions occur only after repeated exposure to a specific biological allergen. However, that reaction may occur immediately upon re-exposure or after multiple exposures over time. As a result, people who have noticed only mild allergic reactions or no reactions at all may suddenly find themselves very sensitive to particular allergens. Children, elderly people, and people with breathing problems, allergies, and lung diseases are particularly susceptible to disease-causing biological agents in the indoor air.
- Second-hand cigarette smoke
- Pets - warm-blooded mammalian
- Dust mites
Call Us Today
610-865-8090 or 800-859-3828